Explain why we use Python 2.5
← Revision 26 as of 2012-03-05 04:32:09
added warning about out-of-date
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
/!\ WARNING! This page is out-of-date.
|Line 14:||Line 16:|
| * Python Win32 extensions - [[http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=78018&use_mirror=dfn&filename=pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe&90220240|pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe]] | [[http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018&package_id=79063|Homepage]]
* PyCurl - [[http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/pycurl-ssl-7.18.2.win32-py2.5.exe|pycurl-ssl-7.18.2.win32-py2.5.exe ]] | [[http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/|Homepage]] | [[http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/|Download area]]
| * Python Win32 extensions - [[http://dfn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pywin32/pywin32-214.win32-py2.5.exe|pywin32-214.win32-py2.5.exe]] | [[http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018&package_id=79063|Homepage]]
* PyCurl - [[http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/pycurl-ssl-7.18.2.win32-py2.5.exe|pycurl-ssl-7.18.2.win32-py2.5.exe]] | [[http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/|Homepage]] | [[http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/|Download area]]
|Line 17:||Line 19:|
|* Zlib - [[http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=libpng&filename=zlib123-dll.zip&use_mirror=surfnet|zlib123-dll.zip]] | [[http://www.zlib.net/|Homepage]] Extract ''zlib123-dll.zip'' to temporary folder and copy ''zlib1.dll'' into C:\Windows\System32|
|Line 33:||Line 36:|
|Provided links are for Bazaar '''version 1.11'''. Feel free to check linked homepages for newer versions.||Provided links are for Bazaar '''version 2.02'''. Feel free to check linked homepages for newer versions.|
|Line 35:||Line 38:|
| * Bazaar - [[http://launchpad.net/bzr/1.11/1.11/+download/bzr-1.11.win32-py2.5.exe|bzr-1.11.win32-py2.5.exe]] | [[http://bazaar-vcs.org/WindowsDownloads|Homepage]]
* Bzr Tools - [[http://launchpad.net/bzrtools/stable/1.11.0/+download/bzrtools-1.11.0.tar.gz|bzrtools-1.11.0.tar.gz]] | [[http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTools|Homepage]]
* Bazaar GUI - [[http://phanatic.hu/bzr-gtk/bzr-gtk-0.93.0.tar.gz|bzr-gtk-0.93.0.tar.gz]] | [[http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr-gtk|Homepage]] | [[http://d5190871.u44.websitesource.net/bzr/|exe version that should work with exe bazaar installer]]
| * Bazaar - [[http://launchpad.net/bzr/2.0/2.0.2/+download/bzr-2.0.2-1.win32-py2.5.exe|bzr-2.0.2-1.win32-py2.5.exe]] | [[http://bazaar-vcs.org/WindowsDownloads|Homepage]]
* Bzr Tools - [[http://launchpad.net/bzrtools/stable/2.0.1/+download/bzrtools-2.0.1.tar.gz|bzrtools-2.0.1.tar.gz]] | [[http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTools|Homepage]]
* Bazaar GUI - [[http://edge.launchpad.net/bzr-gtk/trunk/0.97.0/+download/bzr-gtk-0.97.0.tar.gz|bzr-gtk-0.97.0.tar.gz]] | [[http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr-gtk|Homepage]] | [[http://d5190871.u44.websitesource.net/bzr/|exe version that should work with exe bazaar installer]]
Bazaar on Windows - Quick install guide
WARNING! This page is out-of-date.
This page will teach you how to quickly install Bazaar on the 32-bit Windows platform. Guide is targeted mainly at new Bazaar users and optimized to reduce the time spent during the installation process. It explains how to use the Python-based installer, where you have to install all the dependencies, plugins and TortoiseBzr manually. See WindowsDownloads for more information about your installation options.
In this guide we are using direct links to download files instead of searching the software home pages. Because of this some files may become unavailable later or may not contain the latest version of the software. We are linking home pages as well, so in case of problems with downloads feel free to check linked home pages.
Installation is tested on 32-bit Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3. It might work on Windows 2000 as well if you install mfc71.dll. Bazaar supports several Python versions starting from 2.4. In this guide we are using Python 2.5 because its most widely used version today and supported by most 3rd party Python software.
First part of installing Bazaar is easy, because we are using standard Windows installers. You need to download, run and install following packages:
Next module is distributed in source code only. Module needs to be compiled and installed by hand. Get following ZIP file and extract it (including subdirectories) to some temporary folder. Run command line shell and change working directory to temporary folder with extracted copy. You should be in directory with setup.py file. Run python setup.py install This will compile and install module.
Optional GUI interface
Bazaar comes with an optional GUI interface. This interface is far from perfect or at least bug free, but it is still better than no GUI interface at all. If you want GUI, install following packages as well.
Now we are finally ready to install Bazaar. Bazaar does strict version number checks on bzrtools plugins and less strict on GUI. All 3 packages (or 2 if you are not installing the GUI) must have the same version if possible. Bzr Tools and Bazaar GUI needs to be compiled. Use the same procedure as for compiling Paramiko.
Provided links are for Bazaar version 2.02. Feel free to check linked homepages for newer versions.
Other Bazaar GUI - (QT one) - http://bazaar-vcs.org/QBzr
GUI install fix
There is a small problem with Bazaar GUI: on Windows, the .bat file for starting GUI is missing. The fix is quite easy: first, locate the bzr.bat file in the Python install folder, Scripts subdirectory. For example, if you installed Python in d:\Python, bzr.bat is in d:\Python\Scripts\bzr.bat. Now copy bzr.bat to olive-gtk.bat, also located in the Scripts subdirectory. Start a text editor, open olive-gtk.bat and change the string bzr to olive-gtk. After this, you can start the GUI by typing olive-gtk
Thank you for installing Bazaar. Guide provided by RadimKolar.