Manager of Bazaar at Canonical
Things to do
- 0.9 release
- plan for 0.10 work
- Upload old and current docs to http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/
- Blocked waiting on sysadmins to fix permissions
- Get the smart server passing all implementation tests
- Currently blocked on get_transport changes
- Check out bzr-gtk, start using it
- Review and clean out existing specs
- Check how SummerOfCode2006 people are getting on
Specs to write
- Tags 0.10
- Display of historical benchmark data along with the changes that caused it: - diff, date, person, overall performance, change on particular benchmarks
- Run shell-like doctests from the manual
- Run tests in isolated directory before commit
- Selective commit of hunks (very low priority)
- Better UI for repositories: way to mirror a whole repository and to list what branches are present within it (low priority)
Ask for additions to this list
- General performance work -- john
- HighPerformanceSmartServer -- andrew, mbp
- Non-XML working tree dirstate -- robertc
- Improved documentation
- get_transport() separation of concerns about urls vs files
- setup.py should walk directory to find files to install
- deprecate Transport.lock_read, etc?
- common_ancestor should not require pulling everything into a single repository
- Remove LocalAbspathServer, LocalRelpathServer, in favour of just making get_transport() interpret these things
Many of these will need bugs filed (if one does not already exist); some may require list discussion
- Revert of newly-added files/directories should just unversion them, unless given --delete
- Missing files should not be implicitly treated as deleted, though there should be a 'bzr rm --missing' and 'bzr commit --auto-add-delete'
- Cannot diff between two remote revisions (https://launchpad.net/bugs/6700)
- Repositories should probably have working trees by default, to be more consistent with how standalone branches work.
- Need a command to get all filenames with conflicted texts, for feeding to an editor. (What used to be possible with vim $(bzr conflicts).
- Improved bzr log FILE
- push, pull, merge, update -l to list revisions and -v to list files
- bzr interrupted should show where it was interrupted
- Split/rename mailing lists
- Someone to work more on documentation?
- Poll distro team and launchpad team for Bazaar experiences