|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|* [[http://mackeeper.zeobit.com/macbook-pro-running-slow|macbook pro slow]]|
- Best via email
irc.freenode.org nick: jaalto channels #git #debian #bash #emacs
Twitter nick: jariaalto (technology related tweets)
- Bug nick: jaalto
Facebook: <none; not any of the "Jari Aalto" people there are me>
Homepage: <none; this is all>
Open Source Project Admin and Developer in areas
Procmail - Since 1997 developer of several plug-in modules
Ubuntu - Since 2007 contributor to the Ubuntu Linux project (1)
Github (Git distributed version control projects)
Emacs utility packages so called "tiny tools".
Procmail plug-in module project - Reusable library components for use in ~ /.procmailrc.
Areas of Expertise
- Higher level skills: Project Management, Software development methodology (Processes, Cycles; Incremental/Agile/Extreme programming), Software testing methodology, Configuration management, Project management, Software design (UML, MVC, Diagrams), Database design methodology (normalization; competence in 1NF-4NF)
- System Administration skills: Linux networking LAN/WLAN/Firewalls/NFS/CIFS/Samba etc., user management, Database administration, Version control software server administration, Web server administration (Apache), Mail server administration, Debian repository administration
- Operating Systems: Windows, HP-UX, SunOS/Solaris, Linux (Debian)
- Version Control: GNU Rcs, Cvs, Subversion, GNU Bazaar (Bzr), Mercurial, Git
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Mail Servers and related: Exim, Postfix, Spamassasin and numerous other spam filtering utilities
Book, Sams Teach Yourself Emacs in 24 hours. 1999, MacMillan Pulishing, USA. 445 pages.
Web, Documenting Emacs resources, 1995-2003.
Web, Documenting the Procmail email processing filter and its usage, since 1997.
Web, Thoughts about increasing spam annoyance, 2006. Overview of the email spam problem and evaluation of strategies deployed to decrease it.
Web, Truecrypt 4.2a and Kernel 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 support, 2006, www.debian-administration.org.
Web, How to make *.deb packages from Truecrypt sources, 2006, www.debian-administration.org.
Web, Using truecrypt-installer to help install Truecrypt for Debian, 2007, www.debian-administration.org.
Numerous other Web publications can be found from the mentioned project sites.
ISTQB accredited, Certified in Software Testing.