Fix syntax for Upgrading title
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 312:||Line 312:|
Bazaar support for Subversion branches, working trees and repositories
bzr-svn is a plugin that allows Bazaar direct access to Subversion repositories. It allows most bzr commands to work directly against Subversion repositories, as if you were using bzr with a native bzr repository.
The plugin can at the moment be used to commit to, pull from, merge from, push to and view logs of Subversion branches from Bazaar.
It also provides a Bazaar subcommand ("bzr svn-import") for converting complete Subversion repositories to Bazaar repositories.
The following features are currently present:
Connecting to remote Subversion repositories over all protocols supported by Subversion itself (at present: svn://, svn+ssh://, http:// (webdav), file://) as well as dump files.
Checkouts, lightweight checkouts and branching works.
Integrates well with Bazaar.
Track Bazaar merges in Subversion.
Subversion working copies. Can be modified, queried (bzr status on a svn- native working copy created with svn co works) and committed from.
Committing to Subversion from Bazaar.
Push Bazaar revisions to Subversion.
Follow branch copies. Revision history is not truncated when a branch was copied in Subversion.
Efficiently uses network bandwidth.
Recognizes file metadata (executable bits, symbolic links).
'svn-import' command with functionality similar to svn2bzr.
- Ability to track merges done with SVK and write merges from SVK/Subversion branches in a format understandable by SVK.
- Writes svn:mergeinfo property used by Subversion 1.5.
- Generates consistent file ids and revision ids. Two branches made using this plugin of the same Subversion branch will result in exactly the same Bazaar branch.
- Handles complex operations in Subversion: committing to two branches at once, upgrading directories to branches, copies from early revisions, ...
- Tested on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
Some bzr-svn specific issues are answered by the FAQ included with bzr-svn.
Some Subversion properties can currently not be represented in Bazaar and are therefore ignored for the time being:
- 'svn:ignore' is not imported. There should be a Repository.get_ignores(revid) call in Bazaar rather than a magic '.bzrignore' file. Spec at https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/new-ignore-rules
- 'svn:eol-style'. Requires eol support in Bazaar.
- 'svn:keywords'. Requires keywords support in Bazaar. Spec at https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/bzr-keyword-expansion. #81463
Other features currently held back by Bazaars feature set:
- 'svn:externals'. Externals should be mapped to Bazaar 'by-reference' nested branches and the other way around. This can't be implemented until Bazaars nested branch support lands. The current work-in-progress also needs support for pointing at the tip of a branch rather than at a specific revision.
- Tracking copies. . Spec at https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/filecopies
- Showing SVN merges as merges in Bazaar. . Requires support for cherry-picking. Spec at https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/bzr-cpick-data
All Bazaar commands should work fine with Subversion branches or should properly inform you that they do not. If you find any commands that don't work, please file a bug.
- 1.0.2 (works with Bazaar 2.0, 2.1)
- 1.0.1 (works with Bazaar 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 2.0, 2.1)
- 1.0.0 (works with Bazaar 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 2.0)
- 1.0.0rc1 (works with Bazaar 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 2.0)
- 0.6.5 (works with Bazaar 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 1.18)
- 0.6.4 (works with Bazaar 1.15, 1.16, 1.17)
- 0.6.3 (works with Bazaar 1.15, 1.16, 1.17)
- 0.6.2 (works with Bazaar 1.15, 1.16)
- 0.6.1 (works with Bazaar 1.15)
- 0.6.0 (works with Bazaar 1.15)
- 0.5.4 (works with Bazaar 1.14)
- 0.5.3 (works with Bazaar 1.13)
- 0.5.2 (works with Bazaar 1.11 and 1.12)
- 0.5.1 (works with Bazaar 1.11 and 1.12)
- 0.5.0 (works with Bazaar 1.11 and 1.12)
- 0.5.0 RC 2 (works with Bazaar 1.11)
- 0.5.0 RC 1 (works with Bazaar 1.10)
- 0.4.17 (works with Bazaar 1.11)
- 0.4.16 (works with Bazaar 1.10)
- 0.4.15 (works with Bazaar 1.9)
- 0.4.14 (works with Bazaar 1.9)
- 0.4.13 (works with Bazaar 1.6 and 1.7)
- 0.4.12 (works with Bazaar 1.6)
- 0.4.11 (works with Bazaar 1.6)
- 0.4.11~rc2 (works with Bazaar 1.6)
- 0.4.11~rc1 (works with Bazaar 1.6)
- 0.4.10 (works with Bazaar 1.4 and 1.5)
- 0.4.9 (works with Bazaar 1.3)
- 0.4.8 (works with Bazaar 1.2)
- 0.4.7 (works with Bazaar 1.0 and 1.1)
- 0.4.6 (works with Bazaar 1.0 and 1.1)
- 0.4.5 (works with Bazaar 1.0 and higher)
- 0.4.4 (works with Bazaar 0.92 and higher)
- 0.4.3 (works with Bazaar 0.90 and higher)
- 0.4.2 (works with Bazaar 0.90 and higher)
- 0.4.1 (works with Bazaar 0.90 and higher)
- 0.4.0 (works with Bazaar 0.19 and higher)
- 0.3.5 (works with Bazaar 0.18 and higher)
- 0.3.4 (works with Bazaar 0.17 and higher)
- 0.3.3 (works with Bazaar 0.16 and higher)
- 0.3.2 (works with Bazaar 0.15 and higher)
- 0.3.1 (works with Bazaar 0.14 and higher)
- 0.3 (works with Bazaar 0.14 and higher)
- 0.2 (works with Bazaar 0.13 and higher)
- 0.1 (works with Bazaar 0.8 and higher)
You will need a recent version of Bazaar, usually the release of Bazaar released in the same month as the release of bzr-svn you are using. bzr-svn will warn if the Bazaar release used is too old or too new.
If you are using Python 2.4 (or the Slackware Python package), you will need to have the pysqlite module installed. Python 2.5 and higher have sqlite support built in.
Simply place this directory in ~/.bazaar/plugins and you should be able to check out branches from Subversion using bzr. Make sure the directory name is 'svn'. The plugin has to be built as well by running make.
Instead of installing the plugin yourself, you can also install a prepackaged version of it for your platform.
Debian/Ubuntu packages are available from Debian experimental/sid and the Bazaar PPA.
Ubuntu's in-development release usually also contain the latest release.
Debian's main repositories also have bzr-svn since at least the lenny release.
OpenSuse packages created by Michael Wolf are available from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/maw:/bzr/
An unofficial Gentoo overlay containing a bzr-svn ebuild are hosted on launchpad at https://launchpad.net/bzr-gentoo-overlay/.
Download the latest Subversion DMG from: http://svnbinaries.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList
bzr-svn DMG packages can be found in bzr-svn launchpad page.
bzr-svn is now also available in MacPorts, and can be installed with: $ sudo port install bzr-svn
Please file bug reports in launchpad. The product URL for bzr-svn is https://launchpad.net/bzr-svn/.
- lp:bzr-svn (current release series)
To run the bzr-svn testsuite, simply run 'bzr selftest svn'