Created: 2009-10-31 22:20:00 by Marius Kruger (https://launchpad.net/~amanica)
Change log CLI to behave to not show unsolicited parents and to be consist with other commands.
There were some bugs logged in this regard and it seemed that most of the core devs agreed that this should be fixed.
Proposed UI enhancements
Here are the proposed changes (originally listed by John A Meinel):
"bzr log -r 10" should show just the revision 10 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/325618)
- "bzr log -n0 -r 10" ought to show the merged revisions
- "bzr log -c 10" ought to show the merged revisions
"bzr log (-e --exclude-lower) -r 9..11" should not show the revision for 9, but show
- everything that was merged into 10 and 11.
make (-e --exclude-lower) the default. - optional/controversial
We would probably need to fix them in phases.
I think we should fix A-C in one go. (https://code.launchpad.net/~amanica/bzr/log_returns_too_much)
- implement D. , maybe that is sufficient if it is well documented
- if we really want E. do it